WANT TO LEARN MORE? GOOGLE IT. :)

Monday, September 24, 2012

Tips: How to make mixed adobo (pork and chicken)

Today, I had a realization. I have been so busy for the past three years of my life that I even forgot that I had other blogs! And upon viewing a few other articles I wrote in one blog, I knew how I have been not focused into just one topic. My attention usually get caught by many interesting stuff all at the same time. This is probably the reason why I even touched into the world of cooking.

We can't deny that we Filipinos love to eat!! It's a fact! In one of my blogs, I wrote about my favorite Filipino dish - adobo. I also wrote about procedures on how to make home-made ice cream! I am sharing them to you here, being exported from my X, Y, Z: Let's Get It On blog, because I felt that need to spice up things in Spotlight Philippines. Hope you learn something!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date Posted: June 29, 2010

Photo Courtesy: Allen Michael Gurrea of Silkenhut's World
When it comes to dishes and appetite, both my mom and my dad cook the best meals around, especially when it comes to adobo, menudo, barbecue, afritada, sinigang, pinatisan, inasal, kawali and a lot more. Today, we will be cooking one of the Filipinos' sought after dish, the adobo.

Of course, mom will not permit to expose her top secret recipes online so I managed to take a look at some basic recipes for mixed adobo (chicken and pork). Do follow these easy steps to impress your lover and make him/ her look for you more! As the saying goes, the only way to a person's heart is through his/ her stomach.

I did not manage to take a picture of the adobo that mom cooks, but the photo above shows you how the adobo should look like. Enjoy!

The following ingredients, which makes six servings, can be bought in any market!

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken*
1 lb. pork*
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1/2 c. boiling water
3 bay leaves
6 tbsp. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
6 peppercorns
1/4 cup soy sauce

*You may actually add more.

Procedure:
1. Cut the chicken and the pork into sizes that you desire. Don't cut too big and too small chunks. The average size would be about the size of a circle formed when you touch the tip of your index finger using your thumb.
2. In a skillet, combine chicken, pork, garlic, bay leaves, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and peppercorns.
3. Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes. You may marinade it if you want.
4. Boil the mixture. Use average flame intensity. 
5. Cover and allow to simmer until water is evaporated, about 1 hour. The fragrant smell will signal that you're on the right track.
6. Then, take the mixture out of the skillet and transfer it to a basin for garnishing. Voila! Your adobo is now ready to be served for dinner.