WANT TO LEARN MORE? GOOGLE IT. :)

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Google celebrates 14th birthday with doodle

I was very surprised, when I checked the Google homepage, to see a cute doodle marking Google's 14th birthday. At first, I was not able to read the G-O-O-G-L-E prints because I took a closer look at the brown partial images which somehow featured the search engine's name also. Then, it dawned on me that there were fourteen candles below it, signifying its 14 years of existence in the web.


Prior the transformation into cotton-candy, cloud-like Google birthday image, there was an animated chocolate cake. 

Actual birthdate

Google's actual birthday was September 7, the day the company was set up in 1998, but was then changed to September 27 to coincide with the revelation that Google once again got a record number of indexed pages.

Clicking the Google doodle leads you to Google's indexed search results amounting to 13.9 billion pages.