WANT TO LEARN MORE? GOOGLE IT. :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SPOTTED: For DotA players, DotA o Ako music video

It actually took me a graduation march before I can finally join the realm of DotA addicts, or the Death of the Ancients world. Some of you may have been directed here to check on DotA cheats for the latest version of DotA, but sorry to disappoint you I wrote this post not to give out DotA cheats, DotA patches, or DotA upgrades.

I am here because, to my surprise, I am finally convinced that I am a certified DotA addict. I play DotA at least twice to thrice a day. I usually use Slayer, Dwarven Sniper or Lightning Revenant; and I feel happy every time I get to kill an enemy hero from the Scourge. I always pick the Sentinel, and I am contented with my base.

Somehow this addiction made me recall about a really viral music video dedicated to DotA players. It somehow hitches on the idea that DotA sometimes gives you a lot of headache and oftentimes, lets you choose, between going to the CR and letting the DotA game end first, between texting your girlfriend or boyfriend and waiting to kill Sand King, between eating at 8AM and starting a new DotA game,  and between attending class or visiting the internet cafe.

DotA is really addictive. It always corners you to make a choice. In this DotA music video, which is now one year old in Youtube, the player is made to choose between DotA and his gf. It comically compares the pros and cons of playing DotA and interacting with his girlfriend.

The title of the newbie music video dedicated to DotA addicts, which now has 15 million views, is "DotA o Ako". Rarely does a youtube video produced in the Philippines reach a million views, so kudos to the people behind this video. Though the whole make-up of the DotA video somewhat shows the video maker is a beginner, I applaud its content, musicality and contagiousness.


Video Courtesy: Youtube user jai14221

Seriously, I like the melody, the rapped out lyrics, and the girl. Haha. Enjoy watching!