The line will direct you to the Payment area, wherein you'll get to pay 115 Php for every clearance you'd get. FYI, there are different NBI clearances ('cause I only got one for local employment). If you want one for local employment, and another one for working overseas, I guess you'll have to pay twice. There is also an NBI clearance created for someone who wants to study abroad. Bottom line is just bring money with you.
- Search your name on Google and find out if you share the same name with another person (unfortunately with one who has records in NBI). If there is someone (with not so good records) who shares the same name as you do, you'll find yourself lucky if your second name distinguishes it. Mine was general too, but my second name saved me, lol. What happens if you're unlucky is that you'll have to come back again at the date specified on the received provided to you.
- The staff in NBI Otis are really commendable; they're very patient, though serious at times. But, commendably, they will do their best to serve you. Don't blame them if there are already a lot of people trooping for their service. It would be nice of you to appreciate what they are doing. Probably, the Otis branch is more visited now than ever, but comparable to other sites, this one's worth the take.
- Bring snacks, water, boredom-killing gadgets, a working pen, and a friend. These will guarantee you happiness and satisfaction through the struggle (lol). Your friend will be there to save your slot if and whenever call-of-nature times come.
- Please understand that the bulk of traffic in NBI clearance areas begins near hiring and graduation months, so do research on these.
- There's another way to get an NBI clearance, and it can be done online now! Know about a more efficient, time-savy approach to get an NBI e-clearance here.