WANT TO LEARN MORE? GOOGLE IT. :)

Saturday, September 19, 2015

STEPS | How to get Paypal verification code for linked BPI My ePrepaid card

Paypal is the most popular online payment system being used by Filipino bloggers and other online freelancers today. Hence, a lot of people would love to get past the difficulties of having to get one. Here I will talk about verifying your paypal account using the BPI My ePrepaid account.

Found below are steps which I saw on BPI Mag. I somehow altered other parts, but basically these are it.

NOTE:

When linking your My ePrepaid MasterCard® to PayPal, make sure that your card has at least Php 150 load because PayPal will charge $1 to link your card to your PayPal account, and Php 100 to verify your card. 

How to link BPI My ePrepaid to PayPal:
  1. Sign-up/ Log-in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile
  3. Select Add/Edit Credit Card
  4. Select MasterCard as card type
  5. Enter your My ePrepaid MasterCard details
  6. Click Add Card
  7. At this moment, your My ePrepaid Card has been added to your PayPal Profile but it needs to be confirmed. To finalize linking of your card to Paypal, click Confirm My Card to allow PayPal to send a 4-digit verification code you need.
To retrieve your 4-digit PayPal verification code, please view your Last five (5) card transaction history via BPI Express Online (Card must be enrolled and viewable in your BPI Express Online account's My Portfolio Page) or by sending your request with your 16-digit My ePrepaid Card Number via email tomyeprepaid@bpi.com.ph .

HOWEVER, HERE'S THE PROBLEM:
I tried enrolling my ePrepaid account online so that I could easily access the transaction history. BUT, the thing is there's somewhat a sudden change in BPI's enrolling interface that disallows you from checking your ePrepaid's transaction history, hence, you won't be able to check your last five (5) card transaction history. Because of this, you won't be able to obtain the Paypal verification code.

AND HERE'S THE SOLUTION (AND IT WORKS!):
Just dial 89100, press 3 (wait for the bot to talk haha), then 1 (wait for the bot to talk), then 2. You will be redirected to the BPI Express Online customer care service representative. Just politely tell him/her that you were trying to link or verify Paypal using your BPI My ePrepaid MasterCard and that you'd like to get the 4-digit verification code for it.

They'll definitely give you the code IF you try to be humble and polite. Don't try to be arrogant please or you'd just risk losing that opportunity to verify it.

After successfully verifying your card, PayPal will then return the Php 100 to your PayPal account in the form of PayPal credits.