WANT TO LEARN MORE? GOOGLE IT. :)

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I was once an UPCAT taker

I was once an UPCAT taker, but I never thought I could make it.

I was not the typical smart student in high school. I didn't really get into much student leadership involvement or extra-curricular activities either. I was a mediocre.

People say only the best in their high schools get to pass the UPCAT. That may be true, but NOT ALWAYS. I was the outlier.

I only ranked 11th or 12th in our whole batch of less than a hundred. Took a few school responsibilities, and that's it. I attended review classes prior UPCAT. Not only that, I SELF-STUDIED; for you don't know what body part will be asked, yet all you know is that Science will not be a no-brainer. Lest, you don't know anything at all.

Some of you may have come from really great schools with prestige. You may have had excelled in your classes; a lot of you may have been good student body leaders - the best representatives.

Thus, I choose to deviate; here I am speaking to you, cheering up those who feel they're less better than the rest.

So, this coming UPCAT, feel like you're the best you ever wanted to become. It's just once-in-a-lifetime that you get to have this opportunity - of feeling BEST in an exam.

When I entered my exam room, I gleamed my confidence, even if I know there are well-awarded students around. With my snacks and pencils in my backpack, I knew I was ready. I brought with me some of my 7 effective tips and tactics in dealing with the UPCAT - these were my own, so create yours.

First, always watch the clock. It speaks a lot.

Second, take time to eat the snacks in the bag; they keep us alive.

Third, make a second guess whenever doubt arises.

Fourth, perform a shotgun of the lucky letter (mine was b) once the feeling of panic and fast-striding of time begins.

Fifth, breathe to give more space to think.

Sixth, leave no item blank; it's more probable to get right than not get it at all.

And finally, be CONFIDENT. It changes the mood, the pace of answering, and everything in between. For it's not only during the UPCAT that you'll need a boost of confidence; you'll need it for the rest of your UP life IF YOU PASS.

I was once an UPCAT taker, and now I'm a graduate. To all UPCAT takers, give out all you got!